Sunday 22 December 2013

☆What's In The Box: DAY TEN☆

So, I feel like most of my posts lately have just been filled with apologies haha, but no more excuses! I'm GOING to finish this series before Christmas Day!! I've just been super busy with Christmas shopping and wrapping and organising a million things! I made my friends little Christmas ornaments again this year, and they took A LOT longer than I thought they would! I need to remember that I get super frustrated when it comes to crafts... hahah. I'll make a separate post after Christmas on how I made them for some fun DIY gift ideas (Christmas may be over, but hey! There's always next year! Or it can be a super thoughtful gift for Valentines Day or a birthday or something :D)
ANYWAY! So I have about 3 more still to make, but I'm going to finish them after Christmas because I won't be seeing those friends until New Years :) so now I have time to finally get these posts up in time -hopefully. SO HERE WE GO!!

This product is something I already own, but backups are ALWAYS welcome, purely because it's so amazing and quite expensive to stock up on!

DAY TEN
On the tenth day leading up to Christmas, my true love gave to me...

The Porefessional Pore Minimizer :)
 I feel like this is a product that has been talked about over and over in the beauty world. It's often used a primer to minimize the appearance of pores before applying foundation. This retails for $30 online (around $50 or so at counters) for the full size tube. But you can also purchase the deluxe sample size to test it out. Most love this product, but some have said it doesn't work for their skin type. So it's always great that these kinds of products are offered in sample sizes so you can decide for yourself. I have a full size tube, as well as another sample that came in one of the Benefit boxes I bought in the states, and I'm really happy I have another backup because I can't get enough of POREfessional!

I have quite oily skin, so I feel like this product both combats my oil problem and minimizes my pores giving me a flawless and almost matte look before I apply my foundation. I mainly apply this to my t-zone and cheeks (that's where I have the most problems) and it helps my makeup to stay PUT. Without it, I definitely notice my makeup disappearing in those areas much faster.

It's a very neutral skin colour, that blends in with your natural colour. It feels quite creamy but dries to almost a powder-y finish. It's hard to explain, but it doesn't feel greasy or waxy on your face like some products. As I've said before, smells are important.. and this smells very herbal-y. Almost like green tea. It reminds me of the 'It's Potent' eye cream that I showed in an early post, so maybe they use the same ingredients.

This is a great product to pick up if you're new to makeup and want to try using a primer, or if you're just looking for a new one! But as I said before, if you're wary of how it will react with your skin, there are usually samples available over the counter :)

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I shall see you in the next one :)
<3 Hannah Kate




2 comments:

  1. This review is great!

    I tagged you in the Liebster Award so if you head over to http://iwriteaboutyou.blogspot.ca/2013/12/the-liebster-award.html there are some questions waiting for you :)
    xo, Vee 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog
    Would you like us to follow each other ?
    if yes, just follow me and let me know so i can follow you back

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete