Wednesday 11 December 2013

☆What's In The Box: Day EIGHT☆

Welcome back everyone!
Today is Day Eight, and contains possibly one of my favourite products so far!
I won't bore you with a lengthy intro about how excited I am, so I'll just get into it ;P

DAY EIGHT
On the eighth day leading up to Christmas, my true love gave to me...

Highbeam Highlighting Cream :)
This little baby has been on my Benefit wishlist for some time now! A few months ago, I bought what was supposed to be a dupe by Australis, and was pretty disappointed by both the colour and the application. But I wasn't sure I was willing to pay the 40 or so dollars it would cost for the full size highbeam over the counter. So at least by having a little sample, I can judge whether the price tag is worth it and possibly purchase the full size later on :)


I was so happy with the packaging for this little baby highbeam! Again, props to Benefit for their amazing production of samples. With the tiny little brush inside -that reminds me of a lip gloss brush- it makes application simple and easy. You just dab a few dots on the highest points of your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose (for contouring) and on your cupids bow and blend with your ring finger for a dewy glow. This is such a beautiful and illuminating highlighter, it makes it seem like you've had the best week in your life and your inner happiness glow is just beaming out your pores from within! I think I'm most excited to transition this highlighter into my everyday makeup over everything else I've received! With the warmer months slowly but surely approaching, having cream products is both essential for keeping your skin moisturized and it also has a longer staying power than a lot of powder products (at least on my skin it seems to!).

The product itself is very creamy and is on the pinky side, which is great for people with lighter skin tones. So I'm hoping it matches well with my yellow undertones (despite my skin looking red in the photo haha). For those who have darker skin tones, sunbeam is a great golden highlighter to really bring out the radiance in a tan or natural colour :) but highbeam I guess can be used more for a natural "light reflective" highlighting. It really depends on what you prefer :)
I for one am excited to try this out and incorporate it into my end look!

I hope you enjoyed Day Eight and I shall see you in my next post :)
<3 Hannah Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment