Sunday 1 December 2013

☆What's In The Box: Day ONE☆

Today is the first day of my December series "What's In The Box"! If you missed yesterday's post, I was graciously bought the Benefit Cosmetics Countdown To Love advent calendar as an early Christmas present. So each day, I'll open the little windows and show what's inside and share my first impressions :)

DAY ONE
On the first day leading up to Christmas, my true love gave to me...

 Coralista miniature boxed blush :)

This was such a surprise, as I thought there was only one boxed blush in this entire calendar, so I'm very excited to try this out!
The first thing I noticed was how bright and brilliant the colour was. Such a lovely pinky-coral that will be PERFECT for summer, which is just around the corner!

It's quite small, maybe about an inch or so, but for a sample I think there's quite a lot of product in the packaging. And I think I prefer the blushes to be smaller purely because they're easy to travel with. I own the Hervana boxed blush and I have to leave it at home whenever I go anywhere because it just won't fit in my makeup bag :(
So having such compact packaging is great!

I couldn't help but swatch it right away, and was so surprised at how pigmented and creamy the actual product was! It's not as super bright as it looks in the box, but it's definitely a buildable colour which I really love. Some days you just want a nice hint of colour and other days you want it to be like "woah look at my radiant cheeks!", so I feel you could achieve both looks with this one colour.
It almost has a dusty rose look to it when swiped across the cheeks, but obviously not as 'hard-hitting' as something like Rockateur. So it's a just a very pretty rosy coral with small gold flecks to give you that healthy summer glow.
This retails in Australia for around $55 as the full boxed blush and $28 from the Benefit website. I'm about 80% sure you can get these sample sized blushes in their sets they have every year, though I'm not entirely sure if Coralista is one of them. The two they have out now on their website are Sexy Little Stowaways and Little Love Potions. So if you were bummed you missed out on the calendar, you can still pick up these great deals online for some quality samples at a fantastic value :)

I hope you enjoyed Day One and I shall see you all tomorrow!

<3 Hannah Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment