Tuesday 3 December 2013

☆What's In The Box: Day THREE☆

Hello again everyone, and welcome to Day Three! :D
This post is late today because I wanted to physically use this product before I went to bed to give a proper review rather than "this looks pretty" haha. I have been "eyeing" off this product for some time and have considered purchasing several times when browsing online, but was very unsure whether it would be worth the money. But I was super excited to open the little box today and find a sample!

DAY THREE
On the third day leading up to Christmas, my true love gave to me...

It's Potent! Eye Cream :)

My first thought was how absolutely gorgeous the packaging was! Usually when you get samples of creams, they come in a dingy plastic container with the tiniest scraping of product which is nowhere near enough to justify how well it works, so you end up buying the full size anyway!
But this eye cream sample comes in a similarly styled container as the full size. Made of a cool, green glass that gives a very vintage-esque look on your vanity, which is just absolutely beautiful! And I was so surprised to see that this very small sample was completely FILLED with product! With 3.0g of eye cream, this gives you enough to ensure a) the product is working for you and b) you'd want to purchase the full size.

So, naturally I tried it straight away!
This eye cream is marketed towards people who have very dull and dark under eye circles. Whether from hyper-pigmentation or lack of sleep (I suffer from both), it aims to brighten the area and smooth any noticeable lines to give you that younger, healthier glow that makes you look completely awake.
On first impressions, it has a very creamy and smooth texture that glides onto the skin and soaks in as you gently apply to the under-eye area. It kind of smells like grapes, but it's not that sickly sweet smell of grape that you have with some sweets. It's just a subtle hint, and smells are important to me when it comes to all products! There's nothing worse than using something that makes you want to gag every time you open the container!
I have tried several "eye brightening", "send those dark circles to the depths of hell", "wake me up please!" products over the past few years, and so far nothing has really done the trick. Or they've worked for a few weeks and suddenly my skin either gets used to the product or they've simply reached the end of their limits (I swear, my eyes looked like a panda before I started!). And eye creams are mighty expensive for such little containers! This particular one from Benefit goes for around $36 online and probably double that to buy from a counter in Australia! So hopefully it will prove to be worth the price tag and I can purchase it for myself :)

I've had it on for an hour or so now and already I can feel the area being cooled down and there's a slight sheen of light on the skin, almost as if I've added a highlighting cream (which would make sense considering it containers an illuminating agent haha)
I'm really looking forward to putting this on every night and I shall report back at the end of this series if it made any difference and maybe include pictures of the progress :)

I hope you enjoyed reading Day Three and tomorrow's post may be up earlier than usual (and I will explain why in that post :P).

And also, because today is the 3rd of December I wanted to wish my boyfriend a very happy 45th monthiversary (or 3 years and 9 months!) and to thank him again for gifting me this wonderful calendar, which has already provided some lovely surprises!

I shall see you all in the next post! :)
<3 Hannah Kate

2 comments:

  1. hi cutie such a lovely post :) i love Benefit :) would you like to follow each other dear :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you lovely :)
      Of course! I've been looking for more people to follow! I'd be happy to :) xx

      Delete