Sunday 22 December 2013

☆What's In The Box: Day NINE☆

Welcome back to yet another What's In The Box post!
Today is Day Nine, and I have to report that I am still surprisingly pleased with each day, providing yet another product I've been wanting to test out! I'll be sad when this series ends, because I've just been super excited every single time I open a new box :D

DAY NINE
On the ninth day leading up to Christmas, my true love gave to me...

"That Gal" Brightening Face Primer :)
"That Gal" is apparently an amazing product that so many beauty gurus love! Because it's a 'face brightening' primer, it not only primes your face for makeup application, it also adds a healthy glow that illuminates from within your skin and shines through your makeup!

This product retails for about $29 online (so it would probably be in the $40 range at counters in Australia) and usually comes in completely different packaging. There is a twist bottom that distributes the primer through an almost sieve-like applicator which you can either apply straight to the face, or use your fingers to pat into the skin.


This product has a very creamy consistency, and is very smooth to apply. With a salmon-y colour, this is great for hiding dark circles especially (which is most likely what I'll use it for haha). As you can see, a little goes a long way! The photos really don't do this product justice. From just that small amount of primer, my whole hand was glowing and my skin looked amazing when the light hit it. It was like I was a shiny disco ball, but without an epic proportion of glitter! Like a disco ball had a love child with the sunshine's happiness, and it was all "hey world! I look fabulous! And now I'm going to make your face look fabulous!"
And as you've probably figured out by now, smells are very important to me when it comes to beauty products! That Gal smells like grape, which takes me back to my childhood when every single thing I ate or drank had to be grape flavoured. I don't really care for the flavour that much now I'm in adulthood, but the smell is very reminiscent of when I was a child, so it's not disliked :P

I'm definitely going to start using this more often, especially since Summer has officially hit us all smack bang in the face in the land down under! With the extreme heat, I need all the priming I can get hahah. I want to look glowy without it looking like I'm super greasy, which is a must when all the matte products come out to play to erase that natural oily shine! The great thing about this primer, is you can wear it on it's own -if you have clear skin or are super confident.. unlike me- so for those who go bare faced, this is like that 'pregnancy glow' harnessed into a little tube!
What I'm really trying to say, is that even if you don't wear makeup 24/7, you can use this product to feel sassy and fabulous while also being free of everything else :) win win!

I hope you enjoyed today's post, and I shall see you in the next one :D
<3 Hannah Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment