Saturday 7 December 2013

☆What's In The Box: Day FOUR☆

(Edit: So, apparently clicking "Schedule" at 2 am and thinking it would post later that day did in fact NOT work out in my favour and these posts have been sitting in my draft box this whole time. Frustration maximum! But here are the posts from the past few days!)

So tonight I shall be rocking out to my favourite band, Muse!! And hopefully I can still schedule this post to be on time today regardless. I am beyond excited to dance the night away and watch the fabulous Matt Bellamy hit those high notes in very tight pants ;P
But back to the reason why you're here. Today is Day Four on the calendar and I have to admit I was quite excited for this surprise.. but then very quickly disappointed. Read on to find out why...

DAY FOUR
On the fourth day leading up to Christmas, my true love gave to me...

 Dandelion Ultra Plush Lip Gloss :)

At first, I was so excited to finally have the chance to try one of the Benefit lip glosses, especially one from the boxed blush sets. With 6.5g of product, I knew this would be perfect to carry around in my clutch or handbag when I'm out at night or running errands and need something that won't take up much room. The sample packaging for Benefit overall is great, but the fact that their mini lip glosses have the same applicator as the full size, it gives you the "full gloss experience", rather than it being in a sticky pot or a less than average brush.

So as I went to swatch the colour, I couldn't help but smell the actual gloss -because as I've said before, smell is important for me when it comes to products and there's nothing better than a yummy gloss- but I actually regret using my senses for this gloss, because it completely ruined it for me.

Ok.. let me tell you a story as to why this gloss smells absolutely repulsive to me..
When I was younger and I played with Barbie's, there was one doll that was a witch... or sorceress or something. Anyway, the point is she came with a "potion" set, where you mixed powder with water and drank it. The first one I tried was some sort of orange flavour, and I literally threw it all back up. Ever since then, I can't drink any fizzy orange drinks or stand anything that reminds me of that smell. This lip gloss included. So, disappointment aside, I swatched it and was pleasantly surprised with the lovely colour.

A peachy-pink that when applied on the lips gives a hint of colour with a pretty sheen from the gold flecks. If I could get past the smell and the fact that it tastes like glycerin, I think this is a colour I could wear every day. But unfortunately my senses are far too particular.
But it hasn't all been a disappointment! Luckily I have stockings that need filling and people who will appreciate this more than me, so hopefully this little baby gloss can make it's way into someone else's handbag.

I hope you enjoyed Day Four and I will hopefully see you all tomorrow -unless I'm all rocked out!
<3 Hannah Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment