Saturday 18 October 2014

Let me make you shiver with ANTICI.....





.....PATION!

You guessed it, the new Rocky Horror Picture Show Collection has been released and it's had everyone doing the Time Warp in an attempt to speed up the clock and have these beauties in their hands!

Today, a mysterious black box arrived at my doorstep. I had never ordered from the Mac website before, so I wasn't used to the usual packaging.




Once opening, I realised it was in fact from Mac and I WAS extremely excited to jump right in!




First of all, I just wanted to sum up my experience with the website... last time I tried to purchase from them online, it was for The Simpsons collection (I have another post coming out about that, so I'll explain my issues there haha) and after complications, I missed out. Anyway, I had been refreshing the page for several days waiting for it to come online so I wouldn't miss out on this collection and was so afraid that because I had to go through the signing up process everything would sell out. BUT THANK GOD I'M A SPEEDY TYPER!! I also received free shipping, so I was extremely happy this time haha.








I kept tossing up between a few products, but eventually settled on these three. I was going to buy the blush, another lipstick and a gold glitter pot, but I decided I probably wouldn't ever wear them and I'd purely be buying them for the packaging (don't we all? haha). I had waited for this collection for months! Once they announced it, I knew I had to have it. I used to love Rocky Horror Picture Show and occasionally break it out around this time of year and sing along to all the classics! This package arrived JUST in time for Halloween and I'm so excited to try out these products to spice up my costume ;P I may just post it on here!







Let's start with the lipsticks, because I know that's why you're all here!


Oblivion Amplified Lipstick





The whole reason I wanted this collection was for this lipstick right here! Oblivion is such a lovely deep raspberry colour with a slight sparkle to it, which I love! I had a maybelline lipstick a long time ago which was very similar to this, but they discontinued it and I was so upset because it was literally my go-to red lip, but now I have found a suitable replacement :) It's an Amplified formula, so it's super creamy and feels so luxurious on the lips!


Strange Journey Matte Lipstick





I wasn't sure if I was going to pick up this lipstick, but I added it to my basket last minute. Strange Journey is a vibrant brick-red and quite yellow based. I've never owned a red lipstick quite like this, and so I figured it would be a great introduction to my collection. This is also my first Matte lipstick from Mac, so it's a world of firsts today! I was surprised at how creamy it was, despite being matte. Every other matte lipstick I've tried/owned have been super drying and make my lips look like they're starving for hydration! So I'm very happy with my spontaneous purchase and can't wait to break it in!


Left: Strange Journey
Right: Oblivion

As you can see, they're quite similar colours, but they each give off a different effect... so that justified me buying them both :P







This next product I may have bought purely for the packaging... but I mean, how could you not?! Some people have been complaining that the packaging lately for Mac Limited Collections have been quite cheap looking, but these are the first collection pieces I've owned and I only really started collecting them when the Alluring Aquatic range came out, so so far I don't really have any issues with it even though I don't have a lot to compare it too.


Bone Beige/Emphasize Sculpt and Shape Powder




I obviously had to pick up the highlighting/contouring duo compact! This is the first one I've ever owned (in general) and think it's a great colour combo that would work on all skin types. The colours are Bone Beige/Emphasize and I'm not entirely sure if you can buy these separately as part of the permanent collection or if they're exclusive to the RHPS line. Either way, if you're looking for a great duo compact, I suggest running down to Mac and picking this up before it sells out!


Top: Bone Beige
Bottom: Emphasize





The highlighter is such a nice light sheen with not too much shine, so it comes off very natural. I built it up quite a bit here so you could see it on camera, but depending on what you're going for, I think being a bit heavy handed with this could work really well! The bronzing powder is completely different to anything I've used before. It's quite a light brown, but it doesn't have that overly orange tint that some powders can give. It's very matte, which is great for a more natural look and the colour itself is very buildable so you can make it quite dramatic if need be (and let's be honest, I will be going quite dramatic for Halloween!). Overall, I think I'll get a lot of use out of this and I can see myself possibly using this over my Laguna Bronzer and Albatross Highlighter :O SHOCK OF THE YEAR! Will it take over my HG's?? I'll keep you posted!







What I love most about the packaging, is that inside the boxes you have black and white illustrations of the whole cast which I think is a really nice touch!
Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I bought from the collection. I feel these are all very wearable for everyday life and I'll get my money's worth (if I can bear to use them up!!). The collection hits selected Australian stores on the 20th of October, so if I'm lucky and wake up super early, I might check it out and see if I want to pick up anything else (if anything is left!).

I hope you enjoyed this little unboxing/mini review of the Rocky Horror Picture Show collection! I'm going to post a similar one about The Simpsons Collection and my experience with purchasing the items, so stay tuned for that one! If you liked this, be sure to follow me for more!

Peace and Love,

Hannah Kate <3 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment